Sometimes even Christians who are relatively mature in the Spirit lack a basic understanding of the overarching message and content of Scripture. They know what the Bible teaches about many different topics. But they do not know how these topics relate to the fundamental worldview of the Bible, and to the big picture or "metanarrative" of the Old and New Testaments. And they do not know how each part of Scripture contributes to this metanarrative.
But when believers come to understand the main story of the Bible, many of the things they previously knew come into clearer focus. And many of the things that they used to find confusing begin to make sense. And when they realize how each part of the Bible contributes to this meaning, they are better prepared to use the whole Bible in their Christian lives and ministries.
- Orient viewers to the overarching message of Scripture.
- Introduce the various genres of literature in the Bible.
- Summarize the structure, content, original meaning and modern application of each book.
Bible Survey consists of four series, for a total of 16 lessons. Each lesson is approximately 90-minutes long.
- Kingdom, Covenants & Canon of the Old Testament (currently available)
- The Books of the Old Testament (in production)
- Kingdom, Covenant & Canon of the New Testament (scheduled for production)
- The Books of the New Testament (scheduled for production)