- What resources does Third Millennium Ministries offer?
- How do I use Third Millennium Ministries' resources?
- Are these resources really free?
- Does Third Millennium Ministries have mobile apps?
- What kind of ministry is Third Millennium Ministries?
- We are a non-profit corporation [501(c)(3)] that produces, publishes and distributes a multimedia
seminary curriculum in multiple languages.
- What is the mission of Third Millennium Ministries?
- Our mission is to spread the Kingdom of God by providing a multimedia seminary curriculum
to Christian leaders in their own lands and languages at no cost to them.
- Why is the mission of Third Millennium Ministries so important?
- Today there are at least two million pastors
outside of North America who do not have access to sound theological education. Equipping indigenous Christian
leaders is crucial to the strength and growth of the Kingdom of God.
- Why hasn't this need been met sooner?
- In the past, indigenous church leaders have been sent to study in western seminaries, but the vast
majority of them have not returned to their homelands. Missionaries typically do not have the time to
meet this great need. Establishing traditional seminaries in other nations has been limited by lack of
funding, as well as by government restrictions.
- Why hasn't anyone else tried Third Millennium Ministries' solution?
- Theological educators have been aware of the effectiveness of multimedia education for a long time,
but they have been hindered by the costs of multimedia production.
- Is Third Millennium Ministries evangelistic?
- Yes. Third Millennium Ministries is fully committed to spreading the gospel of Christ to every person
on earth. We believe that one vital dimension of this goal is equipping church leaders throughout the
world with the ability to guide the church toward this end. Our
statement of faith
is uncompromisingly evangelical.
- Why the five languages: English, Arabic, Chinese, Russian and Spanish?
- These languages reach over 42% of earth's population and represent the languages spoken where the
church is growing most rapidly. Sadly, Christian leaders throughout Africa, the Middle East, Asia, the
former Soviet Union, and Latin America have little to no opportunity to learn the Scriptures and sound
- Why not other languages?
- There is a great need for sound seminary curriculum in other languages. We are delighted that a number
of missionary organizations are currently translating our studies into French, Hindi, Farsi (Iran), Mongolian,
several African Arabic dialects, several dialects of India and Amharic (Ethiopia).
- Why do you refer to your materials as "curriculum"?
- Third Millennium Ministries partners with well-respected professors from a variety of seminaries to produce
the equivalent content of a seminary Master of Arts degree in our five targeted languages.
- Why do you refer to your curriculum as "multimedia"?
- Our curriculum is produced primarily in the form of audio-visual presentations supported by written
materials including study guides. Video lessons are available on DVD and web streaming, and the corresponding
study guides can be accessed through our website.
- Is Third Millennium Ministries' curriculum professionally produced and academically reliable in all five languages?
- Yes. All teachers featured by Third Millennium Ministries are professors who specialize in the subjects they teach.
Our staff is comprised of professionally trained theologians, writers, designers, audio technicians and videographers.
We recruit theologically educated translators, speakers and language coordinators. Each lesson contains the same content
in every language.
- Where do I start with your curriculum?
- The multimedia curriculum we have produced consists of introductory material that a typical first-year seminary
student would learn. You can begin anywhere in our curriculum, or follow our
recommended order of study.
- Is Third Millennium Ministries a school? Are you accredited? Do you award degrees or certificates?
- Third Millennium Ministries is not a school; we are a curriculum provider. Third Millennium Ministries is not seeking accreditation.
We do not award degrees or certificates. Yet, our curriculum is used by a number of accredited schools.
- We freely distribute our multimedia curriculum around the world. Our videos and study guides are also available
online free of charge. Moreover, we offer thousands of other free internet resources including audio sermons, articles,
books, and our Q&A Knowledgebase.
- Can I reproduce Third Millennium Ministries' video seminary curriculum?
- Our curriculum is copyrighted in the United States and the European Union to protect against abuse.
However, Third Millennium Ministries contracts with qualified individuals and organizations to duplicate
our curriculum free of charge. For more information, please see our
- Is Third Millennium Ministries associated with other organizations?
- Yes. We have forged a number of strategic relationships
with Bible schools, seminaries, churches, agencies and missionaries, both domestically and abroad.
Much of the distribution and use of our curriculum is through these strategic relationships.
- Is Third Millennium Ministries a denominational ministry?
- No. Third Millennium Ministries is not part of, nor governed by a particular denomination. Our president and board
members are under the authority of several denominations, and we seek to serve the needs of the broader evangelical
- What is the theological orientation of Third Millennium Ministries?
- Most of our materials are compatible with a wide range of Protestant theologies. Our doctrinal orientation is
summarized in the Apostles' Creed and we align ourselves with the doctrines of the Protestant Reformation.
- Does Third Millennium Ministries have a statement of faith or statement of doctrinal beliefs?
- Yes, the doctrines we hold to are briefly summarized in our
statement of faith.
A more complete statement of our doctrinal standards can be found in the
Westminster Confession of Faith
together with its Larger and Shorter Catechisms.
- Is Third Millennium Ministries non-profit?
- More than you can imagine. We are a non-profit corporation recognized by the IRS as a 501(c)(3). Our executives
receive modest incomes and we give away our curriculum to the world. Third Millennium Ministries depends on the generous,
tax-deductible contributions of churches, foundations, businesses and individuals.
- How is Third Millennium Ministries financially accountable?
- Third Millennium Ministries is a member of the ECFA. Financial reports on
our ministry are available from our office and from ECFA.
- What is Richard Pratt's role within Third Millennium Ministries?
- Third Millennium Ministries is not Richard Pratt's worldwide teaching ministry.
He is the ministry's current president, and one of many
teachers of our curriculum. He is also an adjunct professor at various seminaries.
- What information is available on Third Millennium Ministries' progress and effectiveness?
- We are very concerned with the progress and effectiveness of our efforts. We constantly evaluate our efforts to ensure
that we are moving forward. See our global progress page
for a look at how many lessons we have distributed and where they are used.
Our testimonials page describes the effectiveness of
our materials in the field. Please contact us at email@example.com for more details.